You may remember I fixed a rust spot some time ago. It was on the body, just past the corner, but the corner had a bit of rust, too. I painted both the corner and a rectangular bit of the body. I let Melissa mask off a bit of the corner in the shape of a lightning bolt, and we painted that bit yellow.
As you can see from the picture, the masking was incomplete. But the kids think it looks "more electric", so it's cool.
Two weekends later, I repaired the rest of the rust. To make the job look consistent (as opposed to "black patches"), I painted the portion of the hatch that runs between the two corners. To make it look cool, I painted it black and yellow, like a caution tape.
Read on for the other pictures.Continue reading "Judebert's EV Conversion Diary: I Hate Rust 2" »